Monday, May 10, 2010

Paint Job and Unpacking the Telescope

This is how it sat for the past 2 weeks of bad weather, which included snow! I did my best to keep it dry so at the first break in the sky I could paint.
Inside the shop I did some work on the dome, mounting ring and wheel kit, it now rotates smoothly and is ready for final installation after painting.


Also unpacked the scope because I needed some measurements from the unit to continue with pier building. It's fun to see it out of the box and nice getting it mounted to the tripod without dropping it.

How's this for a lens?


Finally I caught the break I've been waiting for, it was sunny and mid to upper 50's so the paint went on both inside and out.
The color is Canton Jade, I like it.
I hope to put together a crew this week to install the dome on top of the building, so the weather is no longer a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment