Friday, December 23, 2011

Healing, Support, and Happy Winter Solstice

I have to say when Cook County wants to come together they do so beautifully,
The support for everyone affected by this event not only from our county, but the entire state, was heart warming to see.
One positive out come from this tragedy could be that this huge surge of  support and caring for others might continue and grow.
People are healing and that's the best news!

Trying hard to stay somewhat politely correct in the "Holiday Season"
I want to wish you all a happy
Winter Solstice
In the world of  astronomy one should be sad with the increasing daylight hours but as a person that lives in a remote setting in the woods I say
YA-HOO

I also want to thank all you readers
we are approaching the end of the second year of our 1 year building project so
 "we're right on schedule
and all we're lacking is finishing up".
(my old boss just hated this statement)

This blog started in mid-January 2010 and we are working hard to be up and  running and shooting photos by our two year anniversary.
We will do a entry on that anniversary with a complete list of visits
but here is a little sample:
As of today the site has had
over 8,000 visitors
over 14,000 pages viewed
with visitors from  over 80 Country/Territory's
and well over 300 hours of content read.

So again thanks!
Coming soon will be the .com site for the observatory
and my new blog on Cook County politics.
For all  my neighbors in the small end of the lake,
yes the beavers are hitting you all hard, the new lodge is now built on Lonny's dock
and I have seen very little down my way,
 They must be very happy down there but with the water as low as it is I don't know why.
I'll try to get you some photos.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Stan for keeping me entertained. Can't wait to visit and actually see through the telescope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you all. Can't wait to see it this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. would love some pics of the beavers. heard there were trees down all over the place!

    ReplyDelete