Tuesday, January 19, 2010

We now have a Telescope

The blog is now current with all data up to date.
I drove back to Grand Marais today and found a 72 page Instruction Manual for a variety of Meade Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescopes in my mail box. Jim had downloaded, printed and mailed it to me late last week. While I was reading away my phone lit up with a call and checking caller ID I saw it was Jim, he was calling to inform me we now have a telescope!
I had never seen Jim poorboy anything and this is no exception. We have a 14" Meade LX200GPS Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope with the Autostar II Controller, wow I'm very excited to unpack and fondle it next week when it arrives, till then I have some more reading to do.
While I'm here, I'm going to put the material list together for the 10 X 10 foot observatory building and take it down to the local lumber yard and have them give us a bid. I'm also going to the Devils Track Airport to visit Rodney, who is an airplane restoration artist that I want to consult about building the dome. I'm 99% sure he will say we can't build a dome cheaper then the $2500.00 price that Polydome quoted us, but I do want his opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment